Flying tours in Transylvania.
Discover some of the best flying spots in Romania.
Transylvania has somehow always been surrounded by mystery, and paragliding here is no exception of the general rule! You will need experienced local pilots, like us, to show you the best flying sites and you will also need to know that your retrieval after flight is just one phone call away. So if you want to discover a part of this magic and if you have a drop of adventure spirit in you – then you have come to the right place!
Carefully choosing the best take off places with safe and reliable landings as per each season of the year, we will guide you for 6 days in the heart of Carpathian Mountains for a memorable flying experience. As a starting point we have choose the city of Brașov, surrounded by mountains and being at a reasonable distance from the best flying places around.
What do we offer?
Depending of the weather forecast we will choose for you some well-known flying places such as Poiana Brașov, Făgăraș, Cheia, Priseaca or Caraiman. April to September are generally good months for thermal and XC flights here and therefore most of our tours will be in this interval.
As for the transport we will arrange for you both pick up from the hostel to the take-off places (cable car or off road vehicle not included) and free retrieval in the pre-defined routes. This basically means that if you master the XC you will have to make sure you land near the indicated roads and within indicated distance
Accommodation will be provided for you in Brasov or in the locations we will stop over, at clean hostels, in double bed rooms, breakfast included. Plenty of cheap and good restaurants are around to ensure your evenings are a success as well. To make even surer about this we will also organize for you a traditional Romanian evening, with drinks food and good mood included!
Your safety is a concern for you when traveling and flying to Easter Europe? Well, this will not be the case if you choose us. Not only that you will have you always in Radio/GSM contact, that we will have a car available for your retrieval, but you will also be advised how to avoid (only few, but they exist, we have to admit) potentially unsafe landing areas.
Is any of there flying tours for you?
Well, you will need to be a pilot with some flying experience in thermal, XC and basic mountain flying. We will, however, choose the flying sites in such a way to accommodate various level pilots. We will make sure that reaching official landing will be a non-event for any type of pilot. However please note this is not a flying course and air to air guidance will be minimal from the organizers.
Not the last, please don’t forget that the ultimate responsibility for a safe flight is in your hands! Therefore we will request from you a third party paragliding insurance. As we collaborate closely with AXXA insurance we can also offer on your request this type of insurance, providing you let us know in advance.
Your non flying friends are more than welcome to join. We can offer tandem paragliding flights so don’t let them stay home!
In the tour price you have included: Pick up from Brasov Railway station (please note that closest airport to Brasov are Bucharest or Sibiu at an equal distance of 170 km each. Airport pick-up is possible but not included in the price)
- Double bed accommodation with breakfast for 6 nights. We will stay in clean hostels near the take-off and you will have a nice breakfast included in the price
- Daily drive to the take-off area. The ride with cable car if available is not included in the price.
- Daily retrieval. Each day we will provide you with a map and the best retrieving places along the way; you will have to reach this places in order to be picked up. Normally we will have this retrievals along national roads. You will have to provide us your exact location (using GPS coordinates, name of the village, etc.).
- Safety briefings before and after each flying day. We will provide you a radio frequency for retrieving, maps, weather forecast, description of the take-off and landing possibility, etc.
- One traditional evening. Flying is one thing, but leaving Transylvania without tasting its rich traditions is another! Therefore we will organize for you a traditional evening with food, drink, dances and a fireplace under the blue sky. Is an experience you don’t want to miss!
What is NOT included in the price (and can sometime be offered at an extra price ):
1. Airport pick-up – transport from Bucharest or Sibiu airports to Brașov
2. After flight retrieval outside the indicated retrieval places.
For our tours we accept up to 8 pilots/tour. Please use the registration form. Just let us know on your special requests if there are some (such as vegetarian meal on single room)